Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
@coming to_falling too I enjoyed the St Bruno Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes - and I didn't speed smoke it:)
As this is the baccy used in the slow smoking competition, I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of it last!!!
Better get after it, Dan! I'm still waiting to see your clay of clan and a bottle of mulled wine in under 2 minutes video.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City Old Dominion Flake 25th Anniversary in a straight smooth brown undated pre-1960 Bewlay “Standard” Made in England 322 apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. More ice water and bergs for my drink. Phone chatting with the friend.
Bewlay “Standard” 322 apple.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Better get after it, Dan! I'm still waiting to see your clay of clan and a bottle of mulled wine in under 2 minutes video.
@coming to_falling too Can't get any more Clan at the moment due to shortage. The Egremont clay pipe smoking competition may have to use a different baccy this year...

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
My wife and I spent the afternoon and evening at my friend and neighbor's house, for a wonderful party to celebrate his daughter's Master's degree graduation and birthday.
He offered Partagas Short cigars to the guests, and many participated. Over nearly six hours of food, drink and camaraderie, he and I enjoyed 3 apiece. It's a great, flavorful smoke, and paired nicely with our tipples of Gentleman Jack.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
This morning: Dan Tobacco No. 3 in a Falcon with chimney bowl. It was given to me as a 3-4 bowl sample by a friend. A bulk Virginia from Dan, very affordable price, has just a little topping. In my opinion it needs some more rubbing and perhaps drying. It is decent but to me (not a Virginia smoker) a bit harsh on the upper mouth.
Yesterday, as every Saturday (when I am in town), I went to the local public street market for the week's supplies of fruits and vegetables. You can also buy fresh fish, olives and olive oil, honey, spices, nuts, legumes e.t.c. I go there since I was a child. Born, raised and still live in the same neighborhood, never left except from some months when serving in the Army (Air Force).

Have a nice Sunday good people.

Dan Tobacco No Name No3 in a Falcon.JPG
Fruits & Vegetables week supplies (with pipe).JPG

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I recently got my Savinelli Autograph Rhodesian back from Savinelli in Italy. When I wrote to them about my disappointment with their quality control because of the grinding wheel marks left on the rim, they offered to polish the pipe. I took them up on their offer. Clearing customs to Italy took awhile.

When I got the pipe back, I was rather upset. They hadn't gotten rid of all the grinding marks, removed some of the wonderful texture that appealed to me, coated the chamber, ruining the nice orange interior that provided contrast to the dark stain (I knew that wouldn't last after smoking, but it still bothered me that they covered it), left the chamber what seemed like out of round. I was pretty upset and felt like throwing the pipe away. I regretted sending it back to be polished. They wanted to arrange a Zoom call to discuss things; I was so disgusted that I didn't respond and didn't even want to look at the pipe and left it boxed the last month or so. I figured I'd eventually calm down and look at it with fresh eyes later. I just finished smoking the Sterncrest and decided to have another smoke before turning in. I took the Savinelli out to look at it. I'm still not really happy with the "fix," but, it's not as bad as I initially felt and decided to smoke it. So, I popped a new tin of Drucquer & Sons Loch Ness and am going to have it in the Savinelli Autograph Rhodesian.

IMG_20220619_055107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.