PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I’ve been mixing some Black Cavendish & Rum and Maple with Russ’ Tastykake lately. It starts off quite sweet but gets rather spicy. Creates billowing clouds of thick smoke.
Enjoying it today in a Huber Design straight egg.
View attachment 86563
@LotusEater Sounds like a Redcoat might smoke in a clay pipe - it always looks good at reenactment events to blow a big cloud of pipe smoke!
I like your top as well!

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
@Duke of Erinmore So you live in Germany and support England...
Smoked some Erinmore in my clay pipe today.
Not actively support, but I'd be fine with England. The deserve a title after 30 .. 40 .. 55 years of hurt.

Also our remaining neighbours, the Swiss and Czechs (I live in the South, so I don't really consider the Danes my neighbours) would be cool.

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
@MrTom I enjoyed the Squadron leader in my clay pipes while wearing my redcoat uniform!
@Ettrick puffer says I can fire his Brown Bess musket if I'm ever up north!
@halfdan Squadron Leader is one of my regulars, Have you tried Skiff mix in a claypipe?
Us pipe smoking green Robin hoods need a longbow never mind a redcoats brown bess musket.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan Squadron Leader is one of my regulars, Have you tried Skiff mix in a claypipe?
Us pipe smoking green Robin hoods need a longbow never mind a redcoats brown bess musket.
@MrTom Yes I have tried the Skiff Mixture in my clay; I got some from @tozert.
I like to dress as Robin hood when I visit Sherwood forest; I don't smoke then as it's out of period, but I've had a go at archery when I've been there!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan We will make a tobacco smuggling outlaw out of you yet, Hi.
@MrTom Well Nottingham used to have the largest cigarette factory in the UK (apart from Gallaher in Ireland) but I don't know if John Player ever made pipe tobacco...
I visited the North Yorkshire Moors Railway around the time the Heartbeat episode Off the Rails was filmed there, involving wine and tobacco shipments being smuggled from trains; Mum and Dad now know what Keith and I were doing there...
They also knew why we were going to Nottingham...
I will have to ask @Ettrick puffer if he'll let this fellow redcoat have some soldier's rations...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.