PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning everyone, I want to warn any Brits thinking of ordering from Estervals, I just got a £200 Customs bill for six tins of tobacco. I either pay (which will work out at around £50/$75 a tin) or I lose the tobacco and the £70 I paid for it.
Even winning a alligator covered Longchamp on eBay just now can’t take the sting out of this news.
I also just got my tin of 2016 Dunhill 221b, if anyone wants to buy it from me I’m only asking £200. ?
I’m smoking Tuskegee Airman in the Kiko meer poker with my coffee this morning, Prozac and Valium instead of milk and sugar today ?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been smoking some Sutliff tobaccos lately, in addition to my usual D&R and some C&D and McBarren.
I've got some 507-S (stoved VA) with some J-4 ( burley) mixed and it tastes smooth and easy in my no name octopaneled and rusticated square shanked billiard with a rather thickish saddle stem. This pipe has a metal tenon and is made to accept a filter, ala some Dr Grabow.
I'm going to be experimenting with simple combinations of perique and one other varietal in various ratios to better understand the relationships that can be developed. ( I got panicky when perique was not available and when it returned, I loaded up on it.)

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Good morning everyone, I want to warn any Brits thinking of ordering from Estervals, I just got a £200 Customs bill for six tins of tobacco. I either pay (which will work out at around £50/$75 a tin) or I lose the tobacco and the £70 I paid for it.
Even winning a alligator covered Longchamp on eBay just now can’t take the sting out of this news.
I also just got my tin of 2016 Dunhill 221b, if anyone wants to buy it from me I’m only asking £200. ?
I’m smoking Tuskegee Airman in the Kiko meer poker with my coffee this morning, Prozac and Valium instead of milk and sugar today ?
I think we have had a good run since January with all the post Brexit confusion, but now they seem to have got a handle on the eight pages of custom forms that come attached to the box.
I think the same applies to SP orders unfortunately.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Wow, that does sting. I don't make light of it as I fear that storm is brewing here in the states. Do these steep customs fees also apply to tins sent by forum members? I get packages from my family in Spain for the cost of shipping and the packages don't seem to be opened before it gets to me. Never tried with tobacco though.

Status
Not open for further replies.