Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a bi of snacking, and smoked a bowl of year 2017 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight brown early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2015 Sir Walter Raleigh in a 1922-38 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. I was happily surprised to discover this pipe is older than I thought it was.
Peterson3_Dublin_bulldog_1922-38.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
A most handsome pair !

Regarding the Patent: it's not visible from the outside but can be seen in this cross-section.
Even if the pipe is not stamped 'Masta Cool Chamber' or 'Masta Popular' that's the patent
View attachment 83406

“Masta” Patent Pipe Co. (The) - 153 Fleet St. E.C.; works, 28 GloucesterSt. Clerkenwell E.C. & St. Claude, Jura, France; manufacturers & patentees of the “Masta” patent pipes, cigars & cigarette tubes, briar & meerschaum with vulcanite, amber, amberoid & ivory mouthpieces.

Masta economy model - the 'Popular' (w/ electro-plated mount):-
View attachment 83410
View attachment 83413
View attachment 83414
View attachment 83415

More up-market Masta stamped 'Cool Chamber' (w/ silver mount):-
View attachment 83416
View attachment 83418
Thank you, that’s cleared up a lot of questions I had about these two pipes, I feel lucky to have them and their system works.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, I’m waiting outside with my coffee and a cheap stogie waiting for the DHL van I saw driving past to come back with the estervals order they couldn’t deliver on Friday because they couldn’t locate my address for some reason. I have too much stuff to do today without this mishegas making things more irritating. I’m not having very much luck with parcels lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.