PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

gord

Part of the Furniture Now
I'm smoking C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. How about you folks? :)
View attachment 321079
I just finished a three day stint of smoking only Pirate Kake. Got back to a more regular program because I'm still breaking in about 8 or 9 pipes (with two more coming to hopefully complete the madness) and i don't think an overwhelmingly lat based tobacco is the thing to break in pipes. Could be wrong, but there were also many blends that I have that I haven't smoked more than once or twice so I wanted to get back to that arena.

Currently I'm mixing up the pipes I'm smoking with. Concentrating on breaking in the Falcons with English blends, because I like them, and the Falcon's were bought for outdoor fishing afternoons when trout are in the doldrums, and English blends are what I'll be smoking in them on outings.

I just finished a fantastic late afternoon bowl of "Sunday Picnic" in a well broken in 9" stem McQueen Ashwood Russet, and I'm going to have an evening smoke in a straight pipe not yet chosen, but the tobacco will be some kind of gooey aromatic, probably Autumn Evening, which is one of those tobaccos I bought a tin of to try and haven't smoked yet.

That's a beautiful pipe you showed us, by the way! 😍

Here's a pic of my 9" Russet i smoked the Sunday Picnic with this afternoon. It's the vertical pipe, bowl just below my hand.

3 pipes for forum.JPG

Attachments

• 3 pipes for forum.JPG
    3 pipes for forum.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Bayou Morning in a Peterson Christmas Canadian. I've had this jarred up for around 8 months. Earlier smokes of this blend were underwhelming with the Virginias being very muted. 8 months has helped for sure. To me, there's a nice grassy/hay flavor with a subtle sweetness from the Virginias. Perique was more noticeable at first but has mellowed out as I'm 1/3 of the way in. Maybe it'll get some steam back as the bowl progresses. Nice blend, but Exclusive it is not! 20240725_204219.jpg

RPK

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Finished up a tin or C&D's St. Patrick's Day Reserve 2023 which was included by SP when buying a new Peterson. Its not regularly available and I missed it. "notes of hazelnut and vanilla, bright Virginias and three distinct varieties of Cavendish" .

I found the following to take its place.

Dan Tobacco's, Milonga that is"an aromatic blend of Virginias and extra-smooth Black Cavendish flavored with caramel and vanilla".

Really like and enjoyed it in my Peterson System Spigot Smooth (303) P-Lip this evening as the sun went down.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2008 Escudo in my MarTelo billiard.

IMG-1349.png

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Got couple ounces of Newminster 403B Superior Round Slices back in Dec & jarred. Just took out enough coins, after 7 months, for two pipe loads. Intention is to continue to age it further, still sort of "young", but wanted to try it. Very pleased, a bit woody, earthy. Beautiful coins (kudos to Mac Baren). Not the all-time smoothest smoke, some faint rough edges, but that could be the Kentucky. Thinking that adding a sprinkle of Perique would be good. Also, some Oriental (Turkish) or some unflavored Black Cav are potentials.

Rossi Vittorio 8804 Canadian, a clone of the Savinelli 804KS. This fantastic pipe smoked 100% on its first smoke & has continued the same. Enjoying a (thankful) relatively cool evening (in MN), a coffee mug with some Canadian Whisky topped with a splash of Diet Cola alongside & a beautiful slab of salmon in the oven. Already ate a big container of Cole Slaw (gotta have the veggies).

Dark now before 9:15pm, Back-to-School ads popping up regularly .... so, Summer's on the wane.

1721957813011.png

Status
Not open for further replies.