PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed three egg, ham and cheese open face sandwiches (two eggs on each one), a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins thrown in, and a red delicious apple lunch. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching the Reds-Marlins game until the Braves-Padres game starts after the top of the hour. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Abner the Eager was waiting for me when I finished walking earlier, so I let him in to eat, and since Molly Danger is snoozin' in the bedroom, I let Abner snooze in the small comfort bed that the scampers used to be in. He doesn't mind being out of the heat.
AbnerSnooze1.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
After popping the tins a couple days ago, I've only been smoking Capstan Gold and Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake. The Capstan is... fine, but the VRC is wonderful! Amazingly rich tin note (my wife and I could swear we smell honey, but I don't see other tobacco reviewers mentioning it), the aroma much bolder than I expect for an aromatic, and much of that comes through in the taste. It's not even a fair fight. Today's bowl is some VRC in my MM Morgan, three coins folded and stuffed with some shake as tinder on top. I have a feeling my mouth would be getting fairly singed if I had rubbed it out, with today's wind.

IMG_4279.jpg

Anyways, hat tip to @SBC for helping to nudge me toward trying this stuff.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 E-soterica And So To Bed in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for most of a bowl. Watching the Braves-Padres game.
GBD_Prehistoric 133_billiard.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Rum Flake in a BST

53018497565_deedb0f2d3_o.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead Bourbon Barrel Aged in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Working on a review of it as I watch the ballgame. It goes on sale July 23 at 6 p.m. EST.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.