PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
PAD attack. I just got in a new to me Kai Nielsen Flame grade A. There were a couple of scratches and a couple of really really small dings. I would not have stripped the wax to addess the couple of super small bumps it took but since I was steaming it anway I got those out as well.

After I stripped the wax, I steamed them out and rewaxed the pipe. I was really pleased. When I bought the pipe I had every intention of refinishing the whole pipe. I knew it hit the value but the price was right. Anyway lucky again. I also like the color...Kai's redish brown. It looked much more like a dated red pipe when I bought it but that was just the sites photos.

Since I dont have to work on it any further i think its time to go smoke it. It has a little bowl coating that I mostly removed. I hate that taste when I smoke vapers so my normal afternoon vaper will be replaced with some HU White Horses.

Kai3.jpg

RPK

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Now in Gaspe Quebec at the mouth of the St Lawrence. The beauty of this place is hard to imagine. Going to enjoy some Capt Earl’s PS in my English dedicated Nording Valhalla brandy spigot travel pipe. I have two of these that fit perfectly into my travel pouch. Smooth for Virginia and rusticated for English.

View attachment 327343View attachment 327345View attachment 327344View attachment 327346
That is a spectacular area and many years ago a group of us kayaked down the Rivière Saguenay from Sainte-Rose-du-Nord to Tadoussac on the Saint Lawrence and it was an adventure I will never forget. Beautiful country.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoked all my pipeweed now; thinking of getting some Erinmore Flake, Condor or St Bruno for Jason the blacksmith to light this weekend. Going to be a good smoke when Jason gets that clay burning!
Saving my pipe baccy packets for my loose Gawith Hoggarth in Buxton - not much single use with me!
Made a loaf of bread today; it looks good! I re-use bread wrappers for my homemade bread & for bagging my recycling in. Took a bag of blister packs and 2 vapes to Bakewell today; found another vape in Bakewell so dropped it in the recycling bin at the Co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.