PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Must be a sick day. I awoke with nausea and started to sweat, went outside and puked for the first time in a couple yrs. Not lots, Not real explosive. Starting to feel better now and wondering what was the cause.
Got my second cuppa going and about to select another combo to smoke after having smoked a bowl of Match Mark Twain in my no named Octo-paneled, square shanked sitter.View attachment 327188

I'm sorry you are like this my friend. I hope you get well soon.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I've been up since 4.30 putting the finishing touches the outpourings of my Milton-ic mind, perhaps that was a typo and I should have said moronic mind. Sadly in this day and age you cannot even use that term and we are forced to describe the really stupid as 'different abled'. It makes you wonder how Lord Nelson would have been treated in today's world, probably quite well if he self identified as a woman and had a knobectomy! Today I am smoking a wonderful bowl of 2016 Dark Plug Unscented in this 7" 'Cutty' pipe circa 1870s with a new faux amber stem supplied by Briarville about 8 years ago. As I progress through the day I will more than likely fall back on a few staple blends but the day is early. Enjoy you day and as the Japanese say 'Be happy in your work!'.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

RPK

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Just filled out our ballots to be dropped off tomorrow for local elections. I’m not getting political nor interested in doing such, I’m just providing context for the inspiration for composition of this evening’s photos (tough choices).

“Odds and Ends” in the FlySpray Special
View attachment 327144View attachment 327143
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: Good way to END the day ! ! !

estate_cob

Lurker
Jun 21, 2024
Albany, NY
1000046441.jpg
Same as ever: Squadron Leader in the Peterson Dalkey 999.

Been using meerschaum chips for most of my bowls lately. As a new pipe smoker, I find it helps cover up for what I assume is poor technique like smoking too hot. Like training wheels. Probably overkill for this blend, but anything that makes it more enjoyable is a plus in my book. Also nice when you want a shorter bowl.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
NW Missouri
I've been up since 4.30 putting the finishing touches the outpourings of my Milton-ic mind, perhaps that was a typo and I should have said moronic mind. Sadly in this day and age you cannot even use that term and we are forced to describe the really stupid as 'different abled'. It makes you wonder how Lord Nelson would have been treated in today's world, probably quite well if he self identified as a woman and had a knobectomy! Today I am smoking a wonderful bowl of 2016 Dark Plug Unscented in this 7" 'Cutty' pipe circa 1870s with a new faux amber stem supplied by Briarville about 8 years ago. As I progress through the day I will more than likely fall back on a few staple blends but the day is early. Enjoy you day and as the Japanese say 'Be happy in your work!'.

View attachment 327193
If moron was a term good enough for Gene Wilder to use, it is good enough for the rest of us. I find I employ it most while talking about politicians or fellow motorists.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
NW Missouri
View attachment 327201
Same as ever: Squadron Leader in the Peterson Dalkey 999.

Been using meerschaum chips for most of my bowls lately. As a new pipe smoker, I find it helps cover up for what I assume is poor technique like smoking too hot. Like training wheels. Probably overkill for this blend, but anything that makes it more enjoyable is a plus in my book. Also nice when you want a shorter bowl.
Smoke in whatever manner gives you the most enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.