PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I finished the bowl of sutliff Sweet Virginia in the Peterson Pub pipe. Its much better in a system pipe than non-system pipe IMHO. Taste wise I believe it has some red virginia which I am not fond of and thats what gives it some bite. Overall, it seems to taste like someone mixed 25% Match Sunrise and 75% 507-C. Since I bought a pound of it to try I will have to get used to it. Its pretty good when slow sipped but its still burns very hot even then. Just 2 cents adjusted for inflation and malaise. ;)

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
What do you think about the horn stem? I love the look of alot of Ropp pipes with horn stems, but was apprehensive about them.
I was the same way. Glad I went ahead and tried one. The button and stem are a little smaller in the clench than I was used to. Once I figured that part out, they are some of my more comfortable pipes to clench. I really enjoy them.

Good luck with your move, sir!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed four half pound cheeseburgers with low sodium potato chips, a small bowl of chili, some unsalted peanuts, and a bowl of French vanilla ice cream lunch. Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Couldn't post before now because the storm knocked our power out. The last of this bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. It's still raining, so no second set of walking reps for me today. Our power has been off and on for the last two hours. Hope it stays on now.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.