PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
MM cob stuffed with CS Treasure Island.
First time with this blend and I found it very enjoyable. It is a sweet dark rum flavor with definite undertones of molasses and a bit of spice. It is quite damp and needs drying time, it needed a few relights until about mid-bowl and then it settled down. It did burn hot and would probably do best in a thick-walled briar (I'll try that next).
Be mindful of your cadence and sip this one or it will bite, but overall, this is an excellent tasting rum flavored blend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
2021 HH Burley Flake in a new Radice Silk Cut

53859780254_d14011f6fc_k.jpg
Gorgeous Radice! Will it sit on it's own?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. This was the first “Bing” that Basil made. I had another smoke because it's taking longer to feed everybody than I expected. Harry the Hairy was so much in need of my attention that he tried to climb up my left leg. I picked him up, scratched his head and back as I talked to him. He was purring like a freight train, and didn't want me to put him down. Then, I had to stay with him because he didn't want to eat unless I was there. I just fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and they wanted some attention from me, too. Abner the Eager left a while ago to wherever it is that he goes. Now, it's time to feed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Bing1 copy.jpg