PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps under partly cloudy, humid skies, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Getting ready to watch the Padres-Phillies game.
Molina_Apple.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
John Cotton Kentucky in an Abe Herbaugh. I love this pipe, my only complaint would be that the asymmetry of the rim seems to make it easier to scorch. I just have to be mindful is all. Maybe beveling would help with this? Dunno.
View attachment 233489
I understand that fear/frustration.
I despise rim scorch and teeth chatter. Beeswax chapstick has helped me on a freehand from scorch. After I run a pipe cleaner I coat part of the rim. Some may laugh at that but it helps, I also keep an old boy with a turned down flame for it as well or use matches.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Fire Storm in a J.T. Cooke Billiard.

IMG0220.jpeg

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Fusilier's Ration in this Castello Trademark shape 11
View attachment 233422
This is my first for Fusilier's and I got an unpleasant amount of nic which I didn't expect. I've had Bengal Slices many times, supposedly the exact same blend, and did not have the same reaction. The only other blends that have kicked my ass like this is 1792 and GH Kendal Kentucky.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
This is my first for Fusilier's and I got an unpleasant amount of nic which I didn't expect. I've had Bengal Slices many times, supposedly the exact same blend, and did not have the same reaction. The only other blends that have kicked my ass like this is 1792 and GH Kendal Kentucky.
Note to self order 1792 and Kendal.
Just kidding, but Kendal did have me staggering for a min.

Status
Not open for further replies.