PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I didn't see a reply from you anywhere, I'm sorry.
Strawberry wood makes a great pipe. They're lighter in weight, therefor I n assume density as well. I was taking it very slow while breaking this is, but at one point I pushed it a little and it never got too hot. I think it's a great wood and look forward to some upcoming commissions. Though, it may not be for everyone - like Morta, meerschaum or any other variety of pipe materials .

Please post some pics in Pipe Talk and share about it. ;)

I’d love to see some pics in Pipe Talk, and a run down on the wood. Really nice looking pipe too, enjoy.

Thanks ❤️

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Once again working on ghosting this meer with deer tongue. No luck so far. On the second tin of Gentleman caller. They tell me that I can ghost a meer quite easily, so I will keep working on it.

View attachment 232641
Good grief.
I absolutely ruined a Gamboni commission with that vile blend!
I kinda dug the aroma in the tin, but found that deertongue turns bitter (somewhat like burley heavy blends do) on my palate.
I smoked 2 or maybe 3 bowls of it and was never able to sufficiently rid the ghost!

Ended up selling that pipe to a guy living in Ireland at the time. I wonder where it is today.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Good grief.
I absolutely ruined a Gamboni commission with that vile blend!
I kinda dug the aroma in the tin, but found that deertongue turns bitter (somewhat like burley heavy blends do) on my palate.
I smoked 2 or maybe 3 bowls of it and was never able to sufficiently rid the ghost!

Ended up selling that pipe to a guy living in Ireland at the time. I wonder where it is today.
I started this project because I read the deer tongue will ghost a pipe quickly, and I like the blend. I decided to dedicate the meer that I smoked it in to the blend because of this advice. I have not been able to detect a ghost in this pipe yet. I check it with a VA blend occasionally. Maybe my palate is unrefined. I will persist! I am not a quitter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.