PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Last night, Esoterica Tilbury in a Savinelli bent unfinished Dublin, now actually deeply stained and slightly polished looking. Pretty hot in central North Carolina during this hottest week on Earth in all human history, according to students of weather. By those standards, so far, it's been tolerable, nineties during the day and seventies at night, which is like summer in N.C.

Did a McD's run for breakfast this a.m., rare for us. I'm the breakfast cook, but we were out of bread stuffs. My wife was going to make us biscuits last night but took a tumble on her crutches in the kitchen. All is well. She's like the NFL, up and in the game. Now I'll run errands, and we'll have our choice of bread. All is well.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Starting with a bowl of mb Scottish Mixture, in a MM General. May God protect you always, and may American bourbon return to the distilled spirits stores of Spain. We are in the dry season, damn it. Do you drink all the whiskey there, in the USA 🇺🇸?View attachment 232152
Lady Bourboun provides a full and rich flavor that acts as an angel, who begins to spread her wings as the nectar trickles down the throat, then fully extends her wingspan as it moves past the lungs, and providing a warm comfort in the belly and soothing thoughts in the mind.

Her sisters Whiskey and Rye are a touch less refined, but also ladies who provide warmth and comfort in the darkness of night.

"[W]hatever gets you through the night - be it a prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." - The Chairman of the Board, Frank Sinatra

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Gold Star mmmMidnight, neat, is my drink.
Ardor Venere Extra Strang Dublin.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Newminster #306 English Oriental in a Savinelli 122 smooth slightly bent pot Aurelia. Virginia is the base, burley is a condiment as is oriental, Lat and Perique. Errands coming up.

Heard an old interview with Vince Gill this a.m. on a quiz show. He said he didn't think he was very smart, and that his junior year in high school were the hardest three years of his life. Then of course, he aced the quiz.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Brown Sugar Flake in a Brebbia

52890778664_f480cf6bca_o.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
Hal O’ The Wynd in an S Bang.
After switching to burley forward blends for a while due to my mouth problems, when I switch back to a VA forward blend, I feel the stingy burn even on char light, it’s definitely not just a smoking too fast problem. I still hope to be able to enjoy them occasionally, but will likely have a shitton of aged VAs and VaPers to sell in a few years. It could be that more experience under my belt will allow me to smoke more of them over time, I certainly hope so!

View attachment 232153
From my experience most folks just cant tolerate the VA, it’s either fine or its not. Much like spicy food is from person to person its tolerable for one but extreme to the next person. I can tolerate it to a certain extent but have to be in the mood for it. Try a higher perique mix or even better blend your own. I touch up and boost many blends to my own personal preference. It has helped me so just passing it along no offenses meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.