PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I cleaned the Vauen Olaf bent egg and was smoking some Sutliffe 507-C this morning when I saw a huge black bug walking down the driveway ... turned out to be a baby snapping turtle with a long tail making its way from the pond on the next street to the river on the opposite side next street. Long trek for a baby but its must be an instinctive route. I haven't seen the turtles migrate since I was a child ! Although once we had a huge old female on our front porch and I had to call animal protection to pick it up and bring it to the pond (which they were quite happy to do - I suppose a happy change of pace from usual activity.)

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I cleaned the Vauen Olaf bent egg and was smoking some Sutliffe 507-C this morning when I saw a huge black bug walking down the driveway ... turned out to be a baby snapping turtle with a long tail making its way from the pond on the next street to the river on the opposite side next street. Long trek for a baby but its must be an instinctive route. I haven't seen the turtles migrate since I was a child ! Although once we had a huge old female on our front porch and I had to call animal protection to pick it up and bring it to the pond (which they were quite happy to do - I suppose a happy change of pace from usual activity.)
1688819796614.jpeg Coloring matches my Vauen Olaf bent egg (sandblast) !!!

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
ODF in a Lasse Scovgaard. This pipe is also asymmetrical like my Herbaugh. Amazing how his smooths go for more then twice as much. Good thing I like sandblasts! I would buy a smooth, just can’t spend that kinda bread often.

This cat’s name is Iris. I adopted her and one of her kittens named Ethel. They are polar opposites! I treasure both but have a special bond with Iris. She follows me around like a puppy and makes a sound that reminds me of Curly from the 3 stooges when he’d rub his head. 😂 She trills and squeaks rather then meows. 😻
IMG_5733.jpeg
IMG_5732.jpeg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Looking forward to smoking this estate in transit to me. “W Pipes” from China run by Qipeng Wei. He is obsessed with Birdseye and has been nicknamed Prince of Birdseye. I love Birdseye! 😂 His prices are low for this type of freehand work. I see some available at Smokers Haven. They are the only shop that has them available as far as I can find.
IMG_5724.jpeg

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
ODF in a Lasse Scovgaard. This pipe is also asymmetrical like my Herbaugh. Amazing how his smooths go for more then twice as much. Good thing I like sandblasts! I would buy a smooth, just can’t spend that kinda bread often.

This cat’s name is Iris. I adopted her and one of her kittens named Ethel. They are polar opposites! I treasure both but have a special bond with Iris. She follows me around like a puppy and makes a sound that reminds me of Curly from the 3 stooges when he’d rub his head. 😂 She trills and squeaks rather then meows. 😻
View attachment 232084
View attachment 232082
Nice pipe. Reminds me of one I just bought, though I don’t recall who makes mine.IMG_0892.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.