PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 127 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Guardians game. Been a busy, sad day as I lost a very close friend to cancer today.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_127billiard.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Breaking in a new lovat with some aged Escudo. It's part of something bigger, but this is pipe number 1. Strawberry wood lovat with a silver band, from Greece by Yorgos Mitakidis. Couldn't be happier with it. View attachment 231304View attachment 231305View attachment 231306
I've got a Mitakidis briar coming (if it ever gets out of Sweden), and I as checking out his latest strawberry woods. I was surprised when he told me they were strawberry - he gets very briarlike results from it.
Soo we talked commission in another month or so.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I've got a Mitakidis briar coming (if it ever gets out of Sweden), and I as checking out his latest strawberry woods. I was surprised when he told me they were strawberry - he gets very briarlike results from it.
Soo we talked commission in another month or so.
That's what surprised me. I was set on briar until I saw his Strawberry blasts. It's a fantastic smoker, and incredibly lightweight. I look forward to more pipes from him in the future. Great guy to work with as well

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Voodoo Tour in my 1978 ODA.

40-E19-A7-D-DF30-4-B0-A-8-BFA-CF2-B7-EC7307-A.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a four half pound cheeseburgers and chips dinner with a slice of pecan pie and a small bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Damn, Jim! I had a slice of leftover pizza. I should pop over to your place.

I'm half-way through a bowl of 3-year-old Plum Pudding in my Savinelli 315 Roma. It's sublime, but it punched me in the face with some Vitamin N. I took a short break and am about to go finish it off.

IMG_5849 Large.jpeg

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Late evening smoke featuring a mix of OJK and little of PS Cube Cut to soften the flavor a bit, not feeling the old guy’s unbridled crustiness tonight. In a no-name Italian briar. One of the very first briars that I purchased so many years ago. This thing belongs in a museum, but hey, it still smokes like a champ.

x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.