PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Been up and at work since 4 AM this morning dealing with a couple of client cluster f*cks caused by them not reading the instruction on the packet so to speak. I cannot believe that this thread has run to almost 200+ pages in one month and will revert to zero tomorrow. Well, if anyone cares I am smoking a bowl of Bobs Choc Flake in one of my late 19th century BBB meerschaum 'cutty' pipes as I contemplate breakfast. I think this morning feels like a beans on toast day with a couple of vegan sausages thrown into the mix to ensure a good report. I'll see you lot later when I check in at coffee time.

thumbnail-4.jpeg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
@Birddog66 Have you ever tried it? Currently smoking Erinmore Flake & SG Black Forest in my clay pipes.
I’ve got several of their blends but not Brighton. If you want something similar you need to find a B&M tobacconist that has Germain’s in stock (it sells out immediately online so it’s hardly worth trying unless you have a good relationship with a particular retailer) and go for one of their Va’s, or their Plum Cake would be up your street I think. G’s make Eso and the Gold Flake is similar to a Esoterica Va.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Just got in from walking the dog in the rain, it’s been pissing down here for a week. Having another coffee and GH Burley and Bright in a 1901 Charles Maas with oval shank and orific bit which is a replacement by Geoff at Cambridge Pipe repair, he did a fantastic job as the previous owner had used epoxy to secure the band and generally buggered it right up. aimage.jpg

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Hello my good pipe-friends.

A lot of work the last weeks - but now a little time to relax 😉
Enjoying a good pipe and a cold beer!

One of my favourite pipes; an Altinay Meerschaum rusticated billard silver spigot.

I usually smoke VA and VApers, but I love the smell and taste of Burleys. I have smoked Mac Baren Golden Blend (Golden Extra) but I got a weird mouthfeel after every bowl - a "dry" feeling 🤔
Now I have blended it with Orlik Golden Sliced - 50/50 - and what a beautiful smoke. I get the sweetness from the virginias and the goodness from the Burleys in the same bowl.
It will absolutely be a mix I will keep in in my tobacco rotation.

Anyone had similar experience with Burleys?

20230731_134430.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Hello my good pipe-friends.

A lot of work the last weeks - but now a little time to relax 😉
Enjoying a good pipe and a cold beer!

One of my favourite pipes; an Altinay Meerschaum rusticated billard silver spigot.

I usually smoke VA and VApers, but I love the smell and taste of Burleys. I have smoked Mac Baren Golden Blend (Golden Extra) but I got a weird mouthfeel after every bowl - a "dry" feeling 🤔
Now I have blended it with Orlik Golden Sliced - 50/50 - and what a beautiful smoke. I get the sweetness from the virginias and the goodness from the Burleys in the same bowl.
It will absolutely be a mix I will keep in in my tobacco rotation.

Anyone had similar experience with Burleys?

View attachment 236785
Yep - burley dries out my mouth and makes me throat scratchy. Also can have a bitter taste to me.

Been up and at work since 4 AM this morning dealing with a couple of client cluster f*cks caused by them not reading the instruction on the packet so to speak. I cannot believe that this thread has run to almost 200+ pages in one month and will revert to zero tomorrow. Well, if anyone cares I am smoking a bowl of Bobs Choc Flake in one of my late 19th century BBB meerschaum 'cutty' pipes as I contemplate breakfast. I think this morning feels like a beans on toast day with a couple of vegan sausages thrown into the mix to ensure a good report. I'll see you lot later when I check in at coffee time.

View attachment 236768
Never understood the beans on toast - sounds like a vegan nightmare. But I'm just a kooky yank, what do I know?

Old Fredders Broken Flake in a Altinok Lee Van Cleef meerschaum.
Old Fredders might just be my favorite VaPer all time.

It's Monday morning motherlovers!
McConnell Mature in the Mitakidis stack. Having a cortado to get me moving.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.