PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Spent time playing traffic cop between the ferals.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is 2018 Sutliff Walnut Match in a 1990s smooth brown medium bend briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe or tobacco in quite a while, so I figured it was time to change that.
Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
This evening I smoked two bowls in a row of Semois thick cut in two different MM cobs, a diplomat with a Forever stem and a special edition MM with an acrylic stem, a nose warmer.

As most here know, Semois is a Belgium burley variant packed in foil blocks and shipped very dry, so you get a lot of smokes for every ounce. Tonight I came to the realization that Semois smokes especially well in cobs, as do most burleys. Cobs just bring out the best in this burley and bevel off all the rough edges. It makes a robust burley smoke well-tempered if not mild, a perfect pairing.
I have some two year old La Voulte and Petit Robin that just arrived this week but I’ve not tried them in a gob yet. I find it tends to get a stale cigarette taste if you let it go out for too long and towards the last third of the bowl, perhaps a cob will change that. Thanks for the info.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, Wessex Burley Slices in this James Upshall with gold plated silver band by Les Wood, these two go together perfectly and I’ve pretty much stopped smoking this blend in anything else. Drinking this Japanese Ueshima Fuji Mountain coffee this morning, it’s a great blend but too coarse for my stovetop espresso maker and needed blitzing in the grinder to get it how I like it. image.jpg

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Trying to have a morning smoke b
Usually, at Pipe Club meetings, the members go with tobaccos to offer. An excellent way to taste tobaccos you didn't know about, you knew but have never tried, including some that are not available anymore or -in special occasions- from a very old tin etc. I have tasted quite many samples in this way and also it's how I found the tobacco I probably love the most (which is not easy to find in Europe, unfortunately).
Anyway, out our last Club meeting I asked from my fellow smoker Akis to have a sample from one of his tins. He responded "Yes, of course" and then "have the tin!". That's the third time this good-hearted giant offers me a nearly full tin. So, I am smoking now, to his good health, the DTM-St Bernard which goes perfectly with the coffee. In a Canasta pipe, from the economic series of Ardor, I have 2 of them, very decent pipes I say.
Have a nice Tuesday good people!

View attachment 235499
Esterval’s in Germany has lots of St Bernard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.