PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This evening I smoked two bowls in a row of Semois thick cut in two different MM cobs, a diplomat with a Forever stem and a special edition MM with an acrylic stem, a nose warmer.

As most here know, Semois is a Belgium burley variant packed in foil blocks and shipped very dry, so you get a lot of smokes for every ounce. Tonight I came to the realization that Semois smokes especially well in cobs, as do most burleys. Cobs just bring out the best in this burley and bevel off all the rough edges. It makes a robust burley smoke well-tempered if not mild, a perfect pairing.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Some Sutliff Crumble Kake No. 5 - Rustica in my Old German clay pipe. I recently ordered a tin of the 2023 Mac Baren HH Rustica and wanted to revisit my only Rustica blend on hand.

View attachment 235762
@sardonicus87 Nice pipe! HH Rustica is the tobacco I've got a huge nic hit from; I had to sit down to smoke it! Rustica smokes well in a clay; I recommend you try it in yours.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Well aged Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in this cobView attachment 235811
@samuelgawith01 I smoked a clay pipe of Elizabethan Mixture at Nottingham pipe show in memory of Queen Elizabeth II. I see HH Rustica is back in stock at Smokingpipes; the guy in the review video is smoking it in a Markus Fohr Old German Clay with a regular pipe stem:
A full tin of Rustica would be overpowering for me but probably not an all day smoke. I think Rustica smokes well in a clay pipe - and it's one of the few blends I got a baccy rush from:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.