PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I have a thread to track the coloring progress.

Translucent meerschaum looks white in the beginning. When it starts to color, you will see the coloring is beneath the surface and it is mottled with nodules and veins.

This is the latest post on its coloring. If you zoom in the pictures of the stem, you will see the mottled coloring and hopefully the veins and nodules and the fact it is coloring beneath the surface

Post in thread 'Coloring Progress Over Time / No Of Bowls of a Single Meerschaum Pipe'
Coloring Progress Over Time / No Of Bowls of a Single Meerschaum Pipe :: Meerschaum Pipes - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/coloring-progress-over-time-no-of-bowls-of-a-single-meerschaum-pipe.91885/post-36634052
Thanks for the link. I've been following your thread but never put two and two together that yours was translucent meerschaum. I was curious because I think I might have a translucent meer as well. The Altinok website I purchased the pipe from called this type of meerschaum something else—not translucent—but I've never been able to find out what it was. Translucent is just as good. IMG_6307.jpegIMG_6306.jpeg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Falcon with a Meer bowl...​

Wf6xQ1Z.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, tuna steaks and sugar snap peas dinner with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert. I'm smoking year 2022 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.