PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Time for my weekly Sunday pipe zoom.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I didn't have anything yesterday because it was a busy day and a few days prior, I had accidentally burned my tongue on hot coffee, so it needed to rest.

So today, I picked up some Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve from the B&M before their 20% off sale ends. Decided it would, based on what I read about it, make the perfect smoke to pair with this rainy afternoon. Gently rubbed and allowed to sit for 10 or so minutes before loading.

There's just something about Balkan blends to me that are perfect for rainy days.
PXL_20220703_203309377.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Orlik Golden Sliced View attachment 154831
@halfdan this is for you
@coming to_falling too Smoked all my pipe baccy now; went to an open mic night ? at a local pub. Had a few tankards of ale and finished my packet of Special Virginia in the clay pipe. Worn the Redcoat uniform (my smoking jacket as @condorlover1 calls it:)).
Dad thinks I live on beer ? and pipeweed:)
The youth of today like to see me down a clay pipe of baccy as fast as possible like the Egremont pipe smoking championship:)
Need some more pipe baccy to keep practicing for clay pipe smoking competitions:)

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I traveled to Turkey recently and went with high hopes of finding a new meerschaum pipe and some Turkish Oriental tobacco.

Well, it turns out that most high quality meerschaum pipes are exported, leaving overpriced, poor quality pipes for the tourists. And as for tobacco, it’s almost exclusively cigarette and hookah tobacco that’s available. Despite stopping in numerous tobacco shops, the only pipe tobacco I could find was this pouch of Captain Black Grape. Ha!

So that’s what I’m smoking today, in a cob.

Every other aspect of my time in Turkey exceeded my expectations. We had a wonderful trip in every way, despite the disappointment on the pipes and tobacco.

View attachment 154786
You didn't see any pouches of PIPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.