PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
While gabbing with my Saturday ZOOM buddies, I smoked some Nat Sherman 536 English Empire bulk in my Skipper.
On the side, my usual summer beverage, Peach/Mango Green Tea with a splash of Honey Jack and a fistful of bergs.

1656805848378.jpeg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First smoke of July is P&C Match Hickory in my SMS claw meer. Got chilly--had to stop mid-bowl to put on a flannel, which I'm by no means complaining about. This is a lovely blend that appears to be discontinued. Happy to have a couple oz. in the cellar.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Northern flicker, House finch, White-breasted nuthatch, Western kingbird, Common raven, and Red-tailed hawk.

Sipping a Johnnie Walker Red on the rocks, and eagerly awaiting a Sabbath dinner of chicken teriyaki w/homegrown scallions over rice. About to have a Scrabble rematch w/wifey, looking to avenge my 37-point loss earlier in the week. :eek:

Happy weekend all, and happy smokes!

meer.jpg

6.29.22 OR clouds lenticular.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, flounder and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2022 Solani 633 in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Comparing it to the earlier version to see if I am right about it being changed. Watching a chapter of Flash Gordon Conquers The Universe. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
20220702-210444.jpg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I have a 2102 tin, clay and leather, something isn’t right. Remember, all pipes don’t always bring out the best in tabac.

I get raisin/plum, grass, floral, bread, slight pepper at times.

For me the bread and floral are quite strong, the floral notes are what really keeps me going with FVF, it’s quite a wonderful taste.

I have Cobs, I won’t put them down, people love them, I think they have their place, each to his own. But I’d never smoke a fine aged blend in a Cob like FVF.

FVF is one of the finest VAs out there, my 2 cents worth, it deserves to be smoked in our finest pipes. ❤️

View attachment 154636
No i meant the consistency of the tobacco. The flavor is off the charts amazing!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First smoke of July is P&C Match Hickory in my SMS claw meer. Got chilly--had to stop mid-bowl to put on a flannel, which I'm by no means complaining about. This is a lovely blend that appears to be discontinued. Happy to have a couple oz. in the cellar.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Northern flicker, House finch, White-breasted nuthatch, Western kingbird, Common raven, and Red-tailed hawk.

Sipping a Johnnie Walker Red on the rocks, and eagerly awaiting a Sabbath dinner of chicken teriyaki w/homegrown scallions over rice. About to have a Scrabble rematch w/wifey, looking to avenge my 37-point loss earlier in the week. :eek:

Happy weekend all, and happy smokes!

View attachment 154665

View attachment 154667
Scrabble victory achieved! And in blowout fashion no less, 388 to 273. Oddly, I didn't get a single "A" the entire game. Made it work anyway. Now wifey will be out for revenge until the next game... ?

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
It’s been awhile to have a pipe and didn’t post the times I did. Was busy in Mexico funneling frozen drinks and food down the pie hole the past week. Now that I’m recovered from vacation, time to light up. B&M oriental blend in Ser Jacopo. Enjoying the difference of this from some other more Latakia forward blends. Been eyeing cracking a McCelland Blue Balkan tin to expand further. 674BF657-575C-4609-BC34-68C9500473B1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.