PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon and corn on the cob dinner with strawberries and biiiiiigg slice of freshly made chocolate cake for dessert! I've about a quarter of a bowl left of Cascadia Downwind in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

Fed two of the outdoor feral cats. Daisy is sweet and has adopted us because her owners don't feed her and her brother much, or pay them much attention. The other cat out there is very shy, and won't come near me, but this evening, he didn't run far away, and while I was putting out dry and wet food for him, he snuck a peek at me from the side of the deck about three feet away. I knew not to try anything because he'd just run, but that was the first bit of progress I have had with him since he started coming around early this year. His brother is friendly only around the food bowl. Otherwise, he won't come near me or m'lady. Been watching the Braves-Brewers game, and also working on tobacco reviews.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this freshly opened tin of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Time to Zoom for a short while with friends.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
A cob full of Granger and a cup of coffee. None finer.

I've discovered the codger scoop doesn't apply to Granger as much. Too loose and it burns like a chimney fire, and my theory is it's because cobs flow like a Weiand race manifold.

Scoop and then OOCH that charge in, a good firm pack and ahhhhh, there's that Burley Bliss...riding the Dog...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple minutes away from smoking Wilke No. 78 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello- Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to Burns and Allen.
Yello Bowl Century Model Lovat.jpg

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I haven't posted in here in forever, mostly because a variety of factors (weather and life-related) have prevented me from smoking more than 1-2 bowls a week these days, and for whatever reason, it's been a while since I had a bowl that really sang to me.

But right now, I'm enjoying some Old Gowrie in a Wiley bent dublin, and it is deeeeelish!

Status
Not open for further replies.