PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Whole leaf blend. Similar to haunted bookshop but with a little less burley, more perique and lightly stoved red Virginia. I only had a sample of haunted bookshop, but I thought it was a little dull and too centered around the burley. The stoving of the red Virginia gives it a bit more prominence in the blend.

50% uncased stoved burley
30% stoved red Virginia
20% perique

Ribbon cut in a legend cob.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Then, I did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg
Molina_Apple.jpg

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Speaking of which...bird report

Love the bird report. How do you like the King's Stride? I have alot of it cellared and am excited and optimistic to try it with a good chunk of age.

Watching the wildlife from my at-home porch smoke spot, smoking a collection of leftover 1792, Eight State Burley, and McClelland's Blakeney's Best Bayou Flake together in the MM freehand.

IMG_20210725_102028.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Love the bird report. How do you like the King's Stride? I have alot of it cellared and am excited and optimistic to try it with a good chunk of age.

Watching the wildlife from my at-home porch smoke spot, smoking a collection of leftover 1792, Eight State Burley, and McClelland's Blakeney's Best Bayou Flake together in the MM freehand.

View attachment 89645
Thanks! Yeah, it's my favorite thing to watch the birds while I smoke. I enjoyed the King's Stride a lot. I got about three dozen samples from a fellow forum member, so I've got my work cut out for me. Been mostly smoking straight VAs with an aro here and there this summer, but it cooled down a lot yesterday evening, so I wanted something with a little more body to it. I liked it better than the Dark Bird's Eye, for sure. I was eyeing the 8 state burley when it came out, but I have my TAD very subdued...how is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.