PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
Just received some Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired Ready Rub. Still in the early goings of my pipe life, most of what I’ve been smoking has been fairly light and mild. I want to begin to mix in some stronger stuff, and by it’s description I thought this would fit the bill.
On arrival I took a sniff and was honestly a bit intimidated. What have we here, and is it too much for my taste or my rookie palate? Well I’m half way through my first bowl and I’m happy to report I had nothing to worry about - this one is a winner! Very earthy and with deep, varied, and nuanced notes. Ok, my description won’t do it Justice. But if you’re interested n hearing what a pro thinks check the review below from JimInks. I’ll simply say it’s a heck of a good smoke. Cheers!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a smooth straight brown early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Chatting with one of my best and oldest friends.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Warped Kings Stride in a Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin (with a glass of cab...4 buck Chuck, gotta love inflation!), followed by a half-bowl of G&H Dark Bird's Eye. Speaking of which...bird report: California scrub jay, Stellar's jay, California towhee, California kingbird, California quail, House finch, Violet-green swallow, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Common raven, Mourning dove, and some small accipiter on the hunt (perhaps a falcon or a kite). Very active tonight.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
We had another enjoyable Saturday ZOOM meeting, at which I smoked 1989 McClelland No. 24, in my first "expensive" pipe, purchased at Iwan Ries in the mid 1960s for $35, a Charatan tan Relief Grain bulldog 8DC. I also sipped from a tall tumbler of Peach/Mango Green Tea with Honey Jack and a fistful of widdle floaty bergs.

Status
Not open for further replies.