PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Warped Kings Stride in a Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin (with a glass of cab...4 buck Chuck, gotta love inflation!), followed by a half-bowl of G&H Dark Bird's Eye. Speaking of which...bird report: California scrub jay, Stellar's jay, California towhee, California kingbird, California quail, House finch, Violet-green swallow, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Common raven, Mourning dove, and some small accipiter on the hunt (perhaps a falcon or a kite). Very active tonight.
Half the fun for me is watching the birds whilst I smoke as well, not that I know which species is which - will definitely be educating myself from now on, but amazing how much you don't see until you sit down,relax and slow down with a good pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Couldn't sleep, so I did a set of walking reps when it's much cooler, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 Sir Walter Raleigh in a 1980 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. I'd have smoked EGR in my Basil Meadows pipe, but it's too heavy for brisk walking up hills. It's a rare day when I change that routine.
PetersonDeluxe20S_1980_fish.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I started with HH Burley Flake in the Longchamp bulldog, I enjoyed it much more than I did the first time around and will probably have another bowl later today.
Currently smoking Raiko In Between in the bent 1969 Donegal Rocky with silver band.

Next week I’m going to be spending my free time researching taste and how we process it. Conversations with a fellow member have got me wondering why we’re interpreting the same blends in wildly different ways. I find it fascinating and need some answers. I’ll be publishing my findings with the Royal Academy (read; scrawling illegible notes on scraps of paper). ?

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Afternoon everyone, I started with HH Burley Flake in the Longchamp bulldog, I enjoyed it much more than I did the first time around and will probably have another bowl later today.
Currently smoking Raiko In Between in the bent 1969 Donegal Rocky with silver band.

Next week I’m going to be spending my free time researching taste and how we process it. Conversations with a fellow member have got me wondering why we’re interpreting the same blends in wildly different ways. I find it fascinating and need some answers. I’ll be publishing my findings with the Royal Academy (read; scrawling illegible notes on scraps of paper). ?
I’ll be interested to hear what you discover with your research.

Maybe we should all try this :)

ARE YOU A SUPERTASTER?​

To find out, put blue food coloring on your tongue. Blue dye doesn’t stick to taste papillae, so if your tongue doesn’t get very blue, you’re probably a supertaster. The bluer it gets, the greater the chance you are a subtaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.