PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Had a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of the very dry year 2010 Villager Virginia No.444 in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. A very good friend sent us a pecan fruitcake and a pecan pie. They are delicious and my diet just got shot to hell! Oh well.....
Sounds like it’s worth it! Maybe a few extra walking reps will make up for it.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of the very dry year 2010 Villager Virginia No.444 in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Just finished my second set of walking reps in this brutal heat. Time for more ice water and bergs.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Planta 2012 Marula fruit aromatic, in a Ropp red stain smooth straight apple with silver-color band and deep red stem; this is one of my favorite aromatic blends, an acquired taste I've learned to enjoy. Marula fruit ferments and elephants are seen to get intoxicated on it.
Don’t know if you’ve seen or tried Amarula. It’s a cream liquor made from marula fruit. Sweet and delicious. One of the few liquors I can enjoy in coffee.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Not saying you missed your calling but...I know that’s a hobby block and I love the egg shape you brought. You do good work, just saying....
Thanks ? I appreciate the kind words.
I’ve thought about trying to get into carving some. I just don’t know much about how to make the airway, which is the most important aspect of a good pipe. Maybe I should practice on some cheap wood and learn. ?‍♂️

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Thanks ? I appreciate the kind words.
I’ve thought about trying to get into carving some. I just don’t know much about how to make the airway, which is the most important aspect of a good pipe. Maybe I should practice on some cheap wood and learn. ?‍♂️
I’m sure with your technical ability with forging, grinding and carving you would figure it out. You also seem to have a good eye. Just think of pipe and knife sets you would create? Sandblast briar scales for the blades, custom tampers, etc. Lol, I know it’s a ton of work but you seem to have the eye and you’re already a craftsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.