PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Dark Flake Scented in a Meer...
hMUEIqJ.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am now smoking Watch City Off the Rails in a medium bend raw sienna toned early Radice sandblast egg with bamboo carving on the shank and a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee is my drink.

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
So did I. I never got to try Stockton. I used to smoke a ton of the old BLB. Perhaps @J.Henry845 will tell us what has changed?

I have only smoked the discontinued Burley London Blend with 10+ years on it, never "fresh." I assume the aging has caused fading of the casing.

The topping seems much more prominent in the reissue.

The cocoa topping was undetectable in the discontinued version to my tastes. I get more of the nutty/oat notes and with occasional hints of natural cocoa Burley can impart in a blend. Not a blend I would call an "aromatic." I get the impression of a light casing as opposed to a noticeable topping.

The topping in the reissue is a much stronger cocoa with vanilla in the background, enough to leave a ghost for the next bowl. This version is OK, but the topping overtakes the flavors of the tobacco's natural flavors a bit too much for my liking. Not something that scratches the Burley itch for me.

Older version I give a 4 out of 5.
Reissue is a 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.