Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Simply Orange in a Radice Silk Cut 55

52890774014_0811a4a6c2_o.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
That's an interesting figurine. Have been meaning to ask what it is and where you got it.
Carol,
They are Hummel figurines that my Mom bought in Augsburg, Germany in 1961-62. My Dad was stationed there in the US Army. I was born there in 1962.
There’s an accompanying women figurine also.
We raise sheep on our little homestead. I love the Shepard theme along with the ol’ man smoking his pipe and whittling. They speak to the joy one finds in simple tasks and the value of resting in a quiet moment.
None of the “distractions” so prevalent today.

Here is a picture of the other figurine.

image.jpg
image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

When I started out the back door to do my walking, I was surprised to see Sam the Scamp with the new-to-me striped cat on the deck. I’ve seen them together a lot, and judging by their looks, they are related to each other as well as to Shy Stripesy (who I haven’t seen lately) and Scared Stripesy. I put food down and while Sam was eating, the other Stripesy was very wary of me even though I showed it that I wanted to feed it. I was surprised that it didn’t just run from me, but it did let me get within five feet of it. It went off the deck and to the back yard. Sam followed it, and I followed them. As I drew nearer, it seemed less afraid of me than before with a confused look on its face. I saw its mouth constantly moving up and down, but if it was making any noise, I couldn’t hear it. Not sure what that means.

While I was talking to it when it went to the bird bath, I could see it was making up its mind about me while I talked sweetly to it. Sam was watching this happen, and after a few minutes, walked off. The striped cat ran after it, and I never got another chance to make friends. But, I got photos this time.
Unnamed_Deck1.jpg
Unnamed_Offdeck1.jpg

Sam the Scamp is watching in the brush.
Unnamed_GoingtoBB.jpg
Unnamed_BB1.jpg
When it went to the bird bath, I could see it was making up its mind about me while I talked sweetly to it. Sam was watching this happen, and after a few minutes, walked off. The striped cat ran after it, and I never got another chance to make friends. But, I got photos this time.

Last edited:

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Smoked the Briar Works Zulu again today. Revisited the WC American Cut Plug and I have to say, “ I really like this blend”.
I picked up more subtle sweetness from the Va today along with the earthy, roasted walnut and coco flavor. Which created an occasional smooth toasted sweet bread or maybe plain (not the sugar coated ones) graham cracker note? All with a clean burley tobacco flavor!
I salute WC and @JimInks for creating what I believe will become a “classic codger blend”.

Move over H&H, SWR, PA, Granger…?

IMG_1371.jpeg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Went on a pre-lunch snow walk w/the family today. Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Orig. Mix Match in a MM Dagner Poker.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Dark-eyed junco, California quail, Oak titmouse, Spotted towhee, California towhee, and Common raven.

Glad I snagged a pound of this for the cellar during SP's last Sutliff bulk sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.