PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Laid out some Sam's Flake to dry a bit before loading in my BriarWorks 10th Anniversary Blasted Zulu. Wife caught some nice photos this afternoon between rain showers--my smoke shack/screen porch/catio is there at the right (west end) of the house. In a window you can see me loading some Shepherd's Pie at the time. :)
View attachment 278642
View attachment 278643 View attachment 278644 View attachment 278645
Beautiful photos, you are blessed to have such an amazing view!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Having some Directors Cut in an Il Ceppo from the 90's. I dont know what it is about this pipe but its in my top 3. Probably a combo of appearances, feel and smokability. I dont realistically think it smokes better than my other pipes but I like it. Its cold out again so Im in my office with window cracked.

View attachment 278671
Amazing pipe! Does it have a straight tenon or army/spigot mount?

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
IMG_8664.jpeg
Capstan Blue 2019, bowl ten in the micro-speckled meer. Bit of detritus has been making its way around the filter, not good, hope it’s just a fluke. Parting with it would be annoying, but if a filtered pipe isn’t filtering, it has little point in my collection, even with its interesting qualities.

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
View attachment 278707CAO Meerschaum from early 80s with Grousemoor Plug on a windy cold morning.
@telescopes I like your outfit & pipe! Grousemoor Plug is good in a clay. Saving the 1792 Flake until the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich in just over 2 weeks; I think it will be very well suited to the occasion. Gawith tobacco is MADE for clays!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just over a quarter of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the pilot movie for Ironside. The character was more crusty, acerbic, difficult, over bearing and kind of rude than he was in the regular series. I like this version better.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

FoggyMorning

Can't Leave
Jul 15, 2023
Kanagawa, Japan
I’ve always wanted to try Kiseru tobacco, I have the pipe but the tobacco isn’t available here unfortunately. What is the flavour like?
I'm not sure if I would call it pure or boring, it's a one-dimensional smoke.

I suspect it's a straight Virginia blend. I'm getting some Virginia sweetness, perhaps a bit of hay. I'll try it again later to see if I can pick up on more flavors.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if I would call it pure or boring, it's a one-dimensional smoke.

I suspect it's a straight Virginia blend. I'm getting some Virginia sweetness, perhaps a bit of hay. I'll try it again later to see if I can pick up on more flavors.
@FoggyMorning Sounds a bit like Yorktown to me; I was smoking Yorktown at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event at Cromford Mill last year when Jason the blacksmith lit my clay with an ember from his forge!

Status
Not open for further replies.