PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2001 Murray’s Dunhill Navy Rolls in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Cavicchi_billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim .... so many fantastic looking pipes in this thread (!!!). But I have to say I really like & admire this Peterson. I've always had a special love for black sandblasted or rusticated pipes (hence my avatar). And the military mount is historical, along with the nickel cap. There's lots of interesting history behind military mounts.

View attachment 278602
Thank you. I have great affection for military mount pipes, and own quite a few. As you probably know, that aspect of the 4AB is one of the reasons I was immediately attracted to that shape when I saw Basil Rathbone smoking it in the movies. In fact, the first two pipes I bought were Grabow Omegas which copied the Peterson military mount system.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
HU Scotney in my Suhr dublin.

IMG-1110.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Off to start work on a new Archie story with a bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

General feral update:
When it was raining yesterday, the only feral who showed up was Sam the Scamp who braved the rain for food and attention. I toweled the li'l fella off, and he marked my hand twice as a thank you. He’s hung around most of today. Saw that new-to-me feral today following Sam, but I still can’t get close enough to get a decent photo of it. Abner the Eager showed up a little while ago, and after he ate, went behind m’lady’s chair, and has been sleeping the last couple a couple of hours. Tomato the Brave showed up around midnight and ate, and then wanted to go back outside. Haven’t seen him today.

Daisy the Feral Princess tried to attack Sam (she hates him and Abner), and the poor little fella was very scared. I immediately put Daisy out, and spent some time reassuring Sam that all is okay. Sam is hiding somewhere in the house having a good sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.