PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Thanks man!
How’s the newly blended Telescopes?
Did you blend it yourself based on the recipe from JD or did the new owners blend it for you?
I did blend it myself based on the recipe using ingredients I bought from smoking pipes. It’s spot on. It’s always good to know that old blends don’t have to be lost to time. The Black Maria recipe I sent you is spot on as well. The main question is do you use blending Latakia and Perique from Sutliff or C&D. The recipe calls for Sutliff and ive done ok with it but this latest batch is using C&D.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
When I was digging around the back of my baccy storage cabinet the other day and found the Folklore, right next to it was GLP 2013 Gaslight! Packed some in this great 7.5 inch clay. The smell of this well aged baccy is grand!
Brewing up a cup of strong Pu’erh tea to accompany.
View attachment 281904
@Fralphog Love your clays; I've got a tin of 1792 Flake to smoke in mine at Nantwich. Bought my train tickets today; how soon after getting off the bus / train in Nantwich do you think it will be before I light my first clay? I can't carry a lit slow match around if I'm going in the church, museum & pub!

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
PS #23 B&B in a Peterson Irish Harp X105 Sandblasted Billard with a cup of black tea
1000004529-jpg.281916
1000004529.jpg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Near the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to Eric Clapton.
Ha! I’m listening to some JJ Cale😎 Not only do you have exquisite taste in pipes but music as well!

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
MI
Lamenting missing the chance to put away or try any of the now completely out of stock HU Tillerman’s Flake with one of the last bowls of my “extended” McC’s Holiday Spirit 2016 in my old 504 Tortuga. I only have the financial means to put in an estervals order once every January, and the means ended up coming along too late, won’t be possible until the end of the week at best. I’ve watched the tin amount slowly and painfully tick down visibly for the last few weeks in my cart I had been building for the last eight months or so. It seems just like McC’s, too little, too late. If the future follows the trend that has been building these last few years, I’d imagine anyone building a cellar, including me, will have far less unique and quality blends to enjoy as time ticks on. Tried about a billion blends while looking for exactly what Tillerman was, all to have it killed off in front of me, quite likely forever. Future looks a bit grayer now, bummer.
IMG_8741.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.