PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
C&D Winchester in a small Hardcastle clay pipe and GH brown twist in a Jamestown clay.
The Jamestown clays look perfect for the English Civil War period (1640s).
Unfortunately I broke my Hardcastle clay...
I met a fellow smoker from the Sealed Knot and gave him a smoke of both my clays; his name was James and we enjoyed talking, drinking and smoking together.
He said he enjoyed his smoke and showed me how to dump the ash from a clay pipe without breaking it. Hold the pipe by the stem across the back of your other hand and GENTLY tap the ash out.
Our beers 🍺 and pipes went down very well!
James said he got a mild baccy rush from the clay pipe smoke and on this cold but dry day we both needed a good warming blast of pipe smoke to stoke our fires; he said the twist tasted smoother than the Winchester.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Today is the Chinese New Year's Eve. Very happy to receive two gifts from my wife.
I hope everyone has a good luck in the Year of the Rabbit.View attachment 196165
Happy New Year, my friend. Your wife is a gem. I had a lllf back in the seventies, but sold it, and the increase in value has prevented me from replacing it. I think I paid $150 back in 1972. Today I have a refurbished Fed 1d from 1940, one of the last made before the Wehrmacht forced the factory to move east. Enjoy!
That pipe ain't bad either!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Can such a large pipe consume 2 oz of tobacco at a time?
The chamber is 3" deep, but, not particularly wide. Last night’s smoke was just a little over three hours, but, I didn’t use up a full two ounce tin—I rubbed a couple of good chunks of Spark Plug out—it has rather large pieces of leaf in it, so it burns much more slowly than ribbon. I’ll try weighing the amount I fill next time and report back.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter mark on a bowl from a freshly opened tin of 2022 G&H Rum Flake in a 2014 straight MM Missouri Pride Legend with a black plastic stem. Never photographed my cobs. Probably should. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoking a bowl of Amphora Virginia in a big Rossi bulldog, just burning up some yard waste.
View attachment 196321
@Paul lec I gave Jane my support worker the log from my table decoration for her fire after Christmas.
Had a pint of Robinson's Unicorn and some GH brown twist in an Old Dominion Jamestown clay pipe. Shared it with one of the Sealed Knot re-enactors at the Battle of Nantwich today.
Sitting in the beer 🍻 garden with my pewter tankard and my Jamestown clay pipe of GH brown twist & with the church bells ringing it was like we'd gone back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.