PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, both of whom decided to do a little walking with me on my last lap. It's lunch time, now.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Next up! Some Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth Full Strength Mixture in a hand carved Churchwarden. Made in Eastern Europe. All I know about the carver is that the people I was talking to on the phone referred to him as "The Master". I believe they said it was made from applewood.
The Master Warden.JPG

The Master Warden bowl.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I would have liked to have gone here on August Bank Holiday 2021 but difficult to get to / find accomodation:
The regiment officer said I'd need a full 50g packet of pipe baccy to keep my clay pipe burning. Sealed Knot rule is no smoking on the battlefield; clay pipes and gunpowder DO NOT MIX!
@simong says I need to get some twist or plug for the Sealed Knot events; he recommends SG Cannon Plug as it's said to date back to the Civil War era.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now: Peterson University Flake in the Falcon with a meerschaum bowl. The metal magnetic tamper is made by kg-pipes (carver: Kostas Gourvelos).
The pipe club meeting was cancelled tonight because of damages from heavy raining at the meeting point (beer tavern). Bloody climate change!

Courage good people: (middle of the week)!

Peterson University Flake - Falcon with meerschaum bowl.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just finished a bowl of Sutliff Stoved Virginia in my Savinelli 313 Prince. The first third was sweet and a little tangy, like some of the red Virginias I've enjoyed (as long as I managed to avoid tongue bite!) Very nice. The remainder of the bowl was less sweet and muted in general, most likely due to palate fatigue. I'll be interested to smoke this again by itself, and mixed in with other things.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem.
View attachment 193885
@JimInks Sounds like a good baccy for a Cavalier:)

Status
Not open for further replies.