PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimRoseLV

Can't Leave
Apr 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Became a man today and smoked my first bowl of Samuel Gawith Black XX Twist. The tin note reminded me of childhood when my dad and his hunting buddies smoked the strong stuff, whether it be a pipe, cigar or cigarettes. Loved it. Took it slow as is the sound advice from many. Really enjoyed the flavor. Despite its strength I did pick up some sweetness to go along with the wonderful tobacco taste. Glad I bought a couple tins. A good day.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
the pipe has a 2" tall bowl and a 7" long stem... He is a giant! :). - seriously tho - what pipe is that?
It's just over 3.25 inches overall length and it's real briar. In fact, the only marking I can make out on it is "Imported Briar". It smokes just fine, albeit quite brief. From the research I've done on it, supposedly it is a "taster pipe" designed to offer a tasting of a tobacco blend. It's pretty neat.

41BAB7C6-B341-4F0E-81AE-1BD9878EEE8B.jpeg2F4E121B-AAAC-4F55-8BA4-E94FA79CB2D0.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
"Atmospheric Rivers" is another one of those BS meteorological terms I loathe...it's just a lot of rain! :ROFLMAO: But anyways, the birds seem to enjoy it for the most part. Sure, they'll hide during the heavy parts, but when it breaks for a bit, they'll all come out in full force. The rain stirs up a lot of seeds on the ground, not to mention a bevy of insects for the ones who prefer those (thrashers, flickers etc.).

People in CA are going to have to break free from past behaviors and start building differently e.g. not right up against riverbeds, on flood plains etc. The media is a huge problem in this regard--they're reciting a fictional "drought" narrative ad nauseum (even when snowpack is triple normal, grass is already green, and entire towns are under water), but the reality is that this whole region is getting wetter, not just during the winter, but at other times of year too. Sure, certain parts flood every winter no matter what, and it's tragic and unfortunate when it happens, but these kinds of things are going to become more and more prevalent, and folks will have to see that reality and adjust accordingly. Imagine what a blessing it will be when the CA deserts become more habitable! I bet there's an off-the-charts wildflower bloom out there this spring...

Okay, soapbox vacated. Happy smokes!! puffy
I agree 100% on the BS meteorology and MSN fear mongering...just watch the weather channel during a hurricane. I think the terminology is intentional. Climate change is the next plandemic. Observation is science so I was curious to know if the birds showed any unusual behaviour like being happier. My limited knowledge on California and it's water supply would say that more rain is a good thing as long as you're prepared for it. I live on a soapboxpuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.