PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yadkin1765

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2022
Maine
Wife's home, so Mac Baren Vanilla Flake in a Kaywoodie Zulu to make me ol mustachio smell like dessert. Third bowl breaking the pipe in, super light briar, thin little delicate walls. Seems to smoke a little hot. Hope it straightens itself out after a few more bowls. Haven't felt a hot pipe in over a decade.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2022 Sam Gawith Saint James Plug in a straight dark brownish sculpted 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. Working on an update of this blend that I'll post at TR.
Peterson_Meer_Poker.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Preparing a miniscule bowl of Esoterica Stonehaven (sample) in a Foyard Beechwood Rhodesian. Happy the week is done, and happy to have finished all my roof patchwork before the next storm hits overnight. Bird report: Spotted towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, House finch, White-crowned sparrow, Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, Oak titmouse, Common raven, Pinyon jay, Chipping sparrow, and California quail. Lots of customers at the seed dispenser today...damn freeloaders! :mad::ROFLMAO:

Shabbat shalom!

foyard.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Preparing a miniscule bowl of Esoterica Stonehaven (sample) in a Foyard Beechwood Rhodesian. Happy the week is done, and happy to have finished all my roof patchwork before the next storm hits overnight. Bird report: Spotted towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, House finch, White-crowned sparrow, Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, Oak titmouse, Common raven, Pinyon jay, Chipping sparrow, and California quail. Lots of customers at the seed dispenser today...damn freeloaders! :mad::ROFLMAO:

Shabbat shalom!

View attachment 194410
Curios to know if the atmospheric rivers have affected the birds behavior?

Shabbat shalom!
Nice selection of our feathered friends - I do miss the midwest where I was a rather novice hobby birder but the variety was so extensive. Esp when I lived in Michigan - Cardinals, goldfinch, woodpeckers of all sorts even pileated, indigo bunting, titmouse, nuthatch, junkos, sandhill cranes seasonally, hummers, scarlet tanagers, orioles, meadowlarks, towhees etc, etc. Up here in the rockies there is just not the selection.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Curios to know if the atmospheric rivers have affected the birds behavior?
"Atmospheric Rivers" is another one of those BS meteorological terms I loathe...it's just a lot of rain! :ROFLMAO: But anyways, the birds seem to enjoy it for the most part. Sure, they'll hide during the heavy parts, but when it breaks for a bit, they'll all come out in full force. The rain stirs up a lot of seeds on the ground, not to mention a bevy of insects for the ones who prefer those (thrashers, flickers etc.).

People in CA are going to have to break free from past behaviors and start building differently e.g. not right up against riverbeds, on flood plains etc. The media is a huge problem in this regard--they're reciting a fictional "drought" narrative ad nauseum (even when snowpack is triple normal, grass is already green, and entire towns are under water), but the reality is that this whole region is getting wetter, not just during the winter, but at other times of year too. Sure, certain parts flood every winter no matter what, and it's tragic and unfortunate when it happens, but these kinds of things are going to become more and more prevalent, and folks will have to see that reality and adjust accordingly. Imagine what a blessing it will be when the CA deserts become more habitable! I bet there's an off-the-charts wildflower bloom out there this spring...

Okay, soapbox vacated. Happy smokes!! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.