PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just broken one of my Pollock clay pipes; not have I broken one of my pipes I've broken a New Year's resolution:-(
The re-enactor playing William Cavendish at Bolsover Castle says "the purpose of a clay pipe is to break"...
I've lost count of how many clay pipes I've broken. I'm thinking of taking my flag pipe to the Redcoats & Revolutionaries events; it has a large bowl and should hold a good amount of my Virginia tobacco!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Good morning. I had a fantastic weekend. Watched a lot of playoff-ish football and look forward to a hopefully great college football championship game tonight with a Horned Frog upset.

Right now I’m repeating an earlier combo of Bob’s Square Cut in an Altinay.
FE24C720-4EA6-42DF-AB23-DFD01C50D91C.jpeg

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I think the C&D Vanilla Cavendish would suit the King's clay:
Either on its own or mixed with Bright Virginia Ribbon to make a Virginia / Cavendish clay pipe blend.
I think this one sounds good:
MacBaren goes back to the clay pipe era; I'll have to order a pound of baccy for when re-enactments start again - 7oz is just a sample pack for the Clay King:)
Although I like trying different Virginia / Cavendish blends I keep coming back to C&D Yorktown, Bradyville & Winchester; I might try the Three Friars though...
I keep finding blends I'd like to try at a time when I'm trying to moderate my clay pipe smoking...

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.