PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of Banacek.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just smoked a partial bowl of Sutliff Louisiana Perique in the Big Ben Ranger (my chief VaPer pipe, more or less.) A partial bowl because I didn't know how much time I'd get to smoke tonight, and also because I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it enough on its own for a full bowl.

bbr_perique_0108.jpg

I was expecting it to be really spicy/peppery, and to zing my nostrils on every retrohale, but that wasn't the case. A few zings now and then, sure, but I found myself thinking of DFK, that kind of funky/earthy enhanced-burley kind of thing. I'll give it a couple more bowls (in this pipe) to keep educating my palate, then probably save it for blending experiments. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.