PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a MM cob afternoon, first Mixture 79 in a MM/CD collaboration bent diplomat and now D&R Two Timer twice toasted burley in a MM poker nose warmer. A few years ago, Mixture 79 was the joke blend on Forums, and then one member pushed back and recommended it, and people began warming up to it. and now I think quite a few have the occasional bowl of 79 with no shame. I think there's anisette and maybe some molasses in there. D&R is a pleaser for burley devotees, no detectable flavorings and a nice solid down-home burley flavor.

I just got through a kidney stone episode, not the grand mal episode, ambulance ride to the hospital, but uncomfortable and disturbing of sleep. Now after a little blood shed, I'm a boy of sixty again. Or, so far so good. My primary care people had staff on the phone and guided me through it with a prescription and advice, without pressuring me to turn myself in at the ER. So far, so good. The stone is in an empty prescription bottle and rattles like a bullet. Good health to all.

pipeboy122

Lifer
Jul 6, 2013
Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem.
Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem.
View attachment 192871
What a beautiful pipe!

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
After a long and much anticipated wait (three days became 3+ weeks) while the US Postal Service gave my package a round the world tour from Massachusetts to Guam to Hawaii to Seattle and finally to me... the Reiner Professional showed up unmolested and I collected it this morning. Specially selected as a danish-style german tobacco to be the first blend for my Schowa Selected danish-style german paper filter pipe from the (estimated) 1950s or 60s. It is a Large 100g tin - lid makes a great tray while loading. Enjoying it right now with coffee and I am not disappointed. puffy
IMG_2899.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
It's a MM cob afternoon, first Mixture 79 in a MM/CD collaboration bent diplomat and now D&R Two Timer twice toasted burley in a MM poker nose warmer. A few years ago, Mixture 79 was the joke blend on Forums, and then one member pushed back and recommended it, and people began warming up to it. and now I think quite a few have the occasional bowl of 79 with no shame. I think there's anisette and maybe some molasses in there. D&R is a pleaser for burley devotees, no detectable flavorings and a nice solid down-home burley flavor.

I just got through a kidney stone episode, not the grand mal episode, ambulance ride to the hospital, but uncomfortable and disturbing of sleep. Now after a little blood shed, I'm a boy of sixty again. Or, so far so good. My primary care people had staff on the phone and guided me through it with a prescription and advice, without pressuring me to turn myself in at the ER. So far, so good. The stone is in an empty prescription bottle and rattles like a bullet. Good health to all.
Kidney stones SUCK in my thankfully indirect experience. Glad you are past that bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.