PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My goodness that thing is so dark I thought it was a briar at first glance. Had to double take when I saw you said it was a meer.
When I bought it, it was advertised as briar. Had I not had so many of these pass through my hands I would’ve agreed.

BUT, I purchased it knowing it was a Meer.

Here’s a Bertram Meer with that coloring.

6645EBE2-1DFD-409E-9370-6E7F9A5117B1.jpeg5CAD30E1-58EE-41C1-ABAC-B24239B1A283.jpeg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Just now, smoking some Mac Baren's Mixture Scottish Blend in a Peterson Limited Edition Now what is it about Scottish Blend that I always burn the daylights out of my mouth? I smoked 2/3 of the bowl and had to just stop. I said, "Why am I doing this to myself? I HATE this!" I dumped out the last 1/3 and I doubt I will ever smoke it again. Now I smoke all kinds of different stuff without a problem (aromatics are my favorite), What is it about Scottish Blend that makes it so ferocious?

View attachment 192120
I can relate, I put mine in a jar and forgot about it for awhile. I can’t remember a few months a year? But I went back and it was better. No guarantees though

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Just now, smoking some Mac Baren's Mixture Scottish Blend in a Peterson Limited Edition Now what is it about Scottish Blend that I always burn the daylights out of my mouth? I smoked 2/3 of the bowl and had to just stop. I said, "Why am I doing this to myself? I HATE this!" I dumped out the last 1/3 and I doubt I will ever smoke it again. Now I smoke all kinds of different stuff without a problem (aromatics are my favorite), What is it about Scottish Blend that makes it so ferocious?

View attachment 192120

Scroll down, the last posts I made, read what I posted about Bite & PH Balance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.