PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Bundled up and spent time with Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave while they ate. I brought them food, but they wanted attention almost as much. Such sweet cats!
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
A third of a bowl left of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Bundled up and spent time with Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave while they ate. I brought them food, but they wanted attention almost as much. Such sweet cats!
View attachment 196747
Didn't the neighbor adopt them? :cry:

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
@DanWil84 Do you think I should get a meer?
Maybe I should do a "one year clay":)
If they appeal to you, you should. Same with smoking one pipe for one year.

Smoke #45 in the one year meer was Tordenskjold Slices. First time cubecutting (with scissors) and gravity fill a flake which was a succes, burned really well and took a first light quite quick.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
C&D Winchester in a Markus Fohr clay pipe, one of the box Weezell sent me. Nearly finished the packet now.
Giving my clays and lungs a rest until re-enactments start again. Not taking my clays and baccy when I go to York as Vikings didn't smoke. It pains me to see re-enactors smoking cigarettes in public as I think it detracts from their appearance. This is more difficult to enforce in town / city centres than in heritage venues such as castles etc, especially before the events start.
If I order baccy online I'm liable to smoke it all before the re-enactments I bought it for but it's much cheaper from Smokingpipes than in the UK.
Also the twist & plug that is suited to re-enactment smoking is less readily available in the USA than in the UK.
My problem is should I bulk buy my pipe baccy and get tempted into smoking it; before I know it the packet has all been smoked, or buy loose Gawith tobacco locally at UK prices but only buy it for re-enactments???
Will smoke a clay pipe at the Redcoat & Civil War re-enactments this year; @simong recommends I should be smoking twist & plug for re-enactment smoking and that SG Cannon Plug is what I should be smoking at the Sealed Knot re-enactments as it's said to date back to the English Civil War.
I bought a 25g block of Cannon Plug when I ordered my Hardcastle clay pipes last year but wasn't sure how to prepare plug tobacco then as I'd only smoked flake & ready rubbed at the time.
I just sliced the twist into coins & rubbed it out; even so, the pieces are bigger than with ready rubbed or rubbed out flakes.
I definitely think the Gawith brown twist I smoked at the Battle of Nantwich was perfectly suited to my Old Dominion Jamestown clay pipe. Can you imagine how many clay pipes have been smoked with Gawith tobacco over the years???

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
If they appeal to you, you should. Same with smoking one pipe for one year.

Smoke #45 in the one year meer was Tordenskjold Slices. First time cubecutting (with scissors) and gravity fill a flake which was a succes, burned really well and took a first light quite quick.
@DanWil84 I'm more interested in clay pipes and can't justify the cost of a meer.
Might give "1 year, 1 clay a go".

I’m smoking EMP in a CPF gourd calabash. This pipe looks truly fabulous with a custom band created by @cosmicfolklore! Thanks Michael I couldn’t be happier.

P.S. The inside dimensions of the bowl on this pipe are approximately an inch and a half by an inch and a half so this is going to be a looong smoke.
View attachment 196775
View attachment 196776
Yes, I am curious as to how she will smoke also. Especially the draft, with such a wide open draw. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.