PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I went to an estate sale today and picked up two estate pipes for four dollars each and a pouch of Hickory tobacco for one dollar. I have no idea on the age of this baccy.
So, smoking some Hickory Tobacco in Grandpa Mac’s 12B, KW Relief Meerschaum Bulldog.
My initial impressions are a very OTC Burley blend. No real prevalent topping flavors noticeable. Subtle earthy, molasses notes- no sweet notes. A smooth Burley Tobacco flavor.
Not as good as Half and Half or Velvet
View attachment 196020View attachment 196021View attachment 196022View attachment 196023.
Nice score!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Mountain Camp, the same tobaccos as Night Bayou but in different proportion for a milder smoke, in a rusticated Luciano billiard with a thick-walled large chambered bowl and a straight saddle stem. This I packed for after supper.

This week I attended the first in three sessions of a sermon writing course, just for the adventure of tackling that form of writing, though I'm in the class with various retired ministers, rabbis, and counselor types. Hearing a minster explain how it's done, and why, and so forth, is revelatory. As he said, people hear the sermon they want to hear. A few will be selected to deliver their work during the summer when the professionals are away. In my one-line intro with my name, I said I was there because I thought I might get a poem out of it. There was a long pause, and then a rattle of laughter.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.