PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksigel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2021
Connecticut
About a quarter of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
View attachment 118733
Is that the 4ab that just came out? I was looking for a smooth but by the time I jumped they only had rusticated. It’s a really nice looking you’ve got there. How does it smoke?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to Frontier Gentleman on the XM.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
C&D Eight State Burley in a Dr. Grabow dated from 1967-1969, Commodore 65 Zulu with a vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, with no stinger.

I recently did a deep clean, Everclear and a cotton ball 24 hours. Then I used paper towels and q-tips with Everclear and cleaned the remaining resins out of the chamber.

Next I let it dry out a few days, then I sanded the chamber clean, then I let it sit a few days and soaked it again 12 hours with a cotton ball and Everclear in the chamber, because even after the first cleaning and sanding, it still had a slight musty smell in the chamber.

After a span of around 2 weeks total with the cleaning, I am now giving it a first smoke with this tabac, and I must say, it’s really tasting good now! :)

0F4145F8-1D5B-468B-9DA9-8C26F29CB3D1.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Is that the 4ab that just came out? I was looking for a smooth but by the time I jumped they only had rusticated. It’s a really nice looking you’ve got there. How does it smoke?
Wonderful. I got all six finishes, and they are terrific smokers. They put their master carver on them. A couple of people had complaints, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that.

Here's the thread I started about it:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking D&R Penhooker in a straight smooth light brown circa post-1932-40s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. I finished all the line art on this five page Archie and Steel Sterling story, now it's time to fill in the black areas. I'll do my touch ups tomorrow.
Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard_square.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work, fed Suzy and Molly, plus two ferals, and am close to finishing this bowl of Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Glad you're feeling stronger! Guess you could always try chewing the tobacco, but your wife will find out anyway, they always do! Take care of yourself John!
Hello friend Rmaso. Thank you for your kind words. I imagine myself chewing Pirate Kake, while trying to strike up a conversation with a supermarket self-checkout, with the face of a dead raccoon. Surely the store manager would come over and say, sir, could that be a new variant?

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
Hello friend Rmaso. Thank you for your kind words. I imagine myself chewing Pirate Kake, while trying to strike up a conversation with a supermarket self-checkout, with the face of a dead raccoon. Surely the store manager would come over and say, sir, could that be a new variant?
Glad you feeling better ! Soon enough you gonna have a pipefull of Mac Baren Navy Flake into your General Cob !

Status
Not open for further replies.