PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
A friend @jlopez sent me over an ounce plus of McClelland Perique Blending. I decided to try my hand at blending and mixed 10 to 15% ratio with McClelland 5100. Smoking this in a VaPer dedicated pipe, a Paulsson. Pretty decent smoke but I'm not giving up my day job.
Try mixing some up with Simply Red as the base, and mix in a pinch of unflavored Black Cav. (3-5%). I go 15-20 on the Perique, but that’s just me. Letting it sit for several months after you blend it up will let everything even out too…

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Dammit! We were just getting over what we thought had been bad colds, coughing, sneezing and producing enough snot to fill an Olympic sized pool, and we decided to go re-test for Covid. Linda was again Negative but, I was Positive! SOB!
My immune system isn't as strong as my wife's.
Only I have had a serious diminution of smell and taste and a massive headache. Therefore, no pipe smoking for a while.
But I'll keep lurking, as I very much enjoy your posts.
You guys, get vaxed and boosted, as that's what kept us from winding up in the hospital, according to our doctors.
Stay well.
My best to you, Dino.

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
WCC Elf Dandruff in an old Yello-Bole Imperial.

View attachment 124867
Dammit! We were just getting over what we thought had been bad colds, coughing, sneezing and producing enough snot to fill an Olympic sized pool, and we decided to go re-test for Covid. Linda was again Negative but, I was Positive! SOB!
My immune system isn't as strong as my wife's.
Only I have had a serious diminution of smell and taste and a massive headache. Therefore, no pipe smoking for a while.
But I'll keep lurking, as I very much enjoy your posts.
You guys, get vaxed and boosted, as that's what kept us from winding up in the hospital, according to our doctors.
Stay well.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Dino?
Best wishes
Ettrick puffer

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work, and this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum fluted paneled brandy meer with a black, gold and tapered cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. Saw the motion light was on, and stepped out to see who was around when I heard a noise in the back yard. I called for Stripesy, though I really doubt he understands that is the name we gave him. Anyway, I heard some foot stomping in the snow, and he came running, soaking wet with snow on him. I got a towel and dried him off, and fed the poor little boy. He'll probably hang around on the heated cushy bed we made for him outside.
Royal_Meer_Fluted-Paneled_Brandy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through my last smoke of the day, which is Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.