PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
MRC into a shield above MARCEE

(MARECHAL, RUCHON & CIE - MRC initials - A sub-brand of GBD.
Marcee pipes were produced exclusively for the French market. The company was owned by Auguste Marechal and Ferdinand Ruchon ("& Cie" is the french equivalent of "& Co") who also owned the GBD brand from the end of the 19th century until 1902 when they sold Marechal, Ruchon & Cie. to Oppenheimer Pipe, which in turn changed the name of the company to Marechal, Ruchon & Co., Ltd.. Upon the creation of Cadogan, however, the brand was no more, remembered only in the name of the GBD Marcee pipes made until just after the Second World War.)

Courtesy Pipedia

MRC into a shield and AO (Adolphe Oppenheimer & Co.) stamped on the band with marks for London 1918

View attachment 119462

View attachment 119459

+ Dunhill 965 MIXTURE
View attachment 119461
You sir have an excellent collection of historic pipes !

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Wilke Lizzy Blood Red Virginia in a Don Warren Osage Orange Stack.

1-EAE4019-8-B38-48-B2-832-C-A11885-C7495-F.jpg

AlanH

Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
View attachment 119490
Rouxgaroux in a Kingston Judge.

Finally able to get in a smoke, after the wife made me catch up on a couple t.v. shows we’ve been watching. She’s off to bed now, so I’m in the garage, watching the UNC- Notre Dame game and getting caught up on all the shenanigans going on around here.
Wife first smart man?

AlanH

Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
The 507-C Slices need a few years of age. If yours isn't aged much, jar it and come back to it in a few years.
That is what I was thinking. Being new to all this aged tobacco is not an option. I really like the way the Newminister 400 and Orlick taste fresh compared to the 507c . I guess my cellar has begun because I really did not enjoy this blend fresh much.

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Sutliff Butter Pecan in a Chacom Reybert Diplomat. I've had this jarred for maybe 9 months. It's still the wettest tobacco I've ever tried to smoke. I left it uncovered once for several days with no change. I had a one ounce sample last spring that was delicious, so I bought several ounces to jar, and the big order was just propylene glycol city. It's still tasty though. Has this sort of soda flavor to it. Like a hint of coke syrup.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Old Gowrie in Peterson system standard. Learning the p-lip. Doesn’t cause tongue bite…!!!! But, can cause roof of mouth burn. ?

thanks @LotusEater - good smoker…but, the p-lip… doesn’t wear rubbers well…and - I won’t seek out that stem style - but, love the pipe as it fits the clincher’s profile. I imagine I should be able to find a stem that will work or have one made that fits and isn’t p-lip. Might be small for some - but, I have a nice selection of “smaller”’ pipes i truly enjoy. This is in the club for sure. Maybe someday I’ll take a snapshot of my smaller bowled pipes. Some blends just rock in a smaller pipe. ?‍♂️

ED90C4C0-BBB9-43D7-9A7B-1B3FDCDCA9E1.jpeg

Eye-level

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2021
Tulsa Oklahoma
Fixing to burn some more Blend #1 and staying with a BBB...Silver Grain. Also a very good comfortable smoker. Sprite. Very nice stuff!

Something I am curious about....in tobacco reviews of Ted's Pipe Shoppe and Blend #1 it is called out as English. One of the reviewers mentions that the Virginia component is more of a condiment. I have read that less Virginia is Balkan more Virginia English in these sort of VA Oriental Lat blends. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220105_233816.jpg
    20220105_233816.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.