PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Some more Weinig no 7 in a GL - George Leousis pipe. I got this last July. George (in Greek, the name is "Yorgos") has a special ability, a special gift I could say. You can describe him very generally what you have imagined, what is your wish for your next pipe, perhaps show him one or two photos that have only some similarity and you can rest assured that in a couple of days he will come back to you, with a proposal that is not just the idea you had exactly but with a better, improved version of it. In the end (pretty fast) he will deliver a great pipe, both aesthetically and technically.
The pipe is resting on a new "stand". I found somewhere a piece of strap and by the help of my friends, the Bangladeshi tailors, Mr Islam and his colleagues, this practical, portable and durable stand was created. Islam is running his small business, a shop called "The Wise Scissors", for many years in our neighborhood. He is a good man, always smiling and polite. He does excellent work (mostly clothe repairs) at more than fair prices and everybody loves him.
So, thank you George for the pipe, thank you Islam for the stand and thank you Forum for letting me write down random thoughts and feelings I have as I prepare, light and smoke my pipe...

Ah! the charm of the ephemeral...

Be all well and safe good people.

View attachment 122616
Thanks for sharing your story. Very handsome pipe indeed! I
love the nylon strap, portable pipe stand. You’ve given me anidea to make one for myself.
Enjoy your new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.