PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Calabash stamped H.H on the mounts (H.H without contour - not identified) with marks for Birmingham 1920 + Dunhill NIGHTCAP

Pipe dedicated to medium-full latakia blends
View attachment 59106
Watching DEAD OF NIGHT

Orlik Dunhill NIGHTCAP (2018) and Murrays Dunhill NIGHTCAP (1982)
View attachment 59107View attachment 59108
Those kinds of jars work for you? How long do they keep tobacco moist in Vegas? The jars I had of that type barely lasted a month here in WA. Upon reflection it was 3 months, but still...

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: Middelton's: Prince Albert; Sutliff's: Edward G. Robinson; and, Cornell & Diehl's: Orion's Arrow; as I slowly break-in my brand-new, minty-fresh, just out of the hands of the UPS man today, after waiting two years to pull the trigger on this one... 7" long, Brigham: Heritage: smooth Canadian, straight ovoid stem, with acrylic mouth piece, Model #019.

I am drinking Snapple's: Mango Madness; from a big, heavy, glass tumbler, which is packed to the brim with ice. And, Alfred Hitchcock Presents in playing on MeTV.

I began the new pipe Christening ceremony with a 1/3 bowl of PA; purely for 'gently getting acquainted' purposes. Add to that, the fact the besides Middleton's Prince Albert being the "National JOY smoke", PA is also THE 'House Blend' around here; so that makes it only fitting for PA to lead the charge as the advance guidon-bearer.

The results were quite satisfactory, and I was relating quite well to this new - and new shape for me - pipe, and quite comfortably.

I followed up with a 1/2 bowl of EGR Pipe Blend - with which I am not only quite recently introduced to, but quite wholly taken with - and chugged along at my regular smoke-thru-the-day pace, just to see how this Canadian-shaped pipe, which is made in France, for a Canadian company, handled itself.

The results were also satisfactory; however, because I am a 'heavy chugger' who favors the more meaty bowl shapes - apples and brandies - I could start to feel the walls of this thinner bowl design begin to heat-up surprisingly quickly.

Then, I decided to really open it up, and get off the Burley's with a fully-packed bowl of C&D's: Orion's Arrow - a dry tabak which burns fast, being a Va/Per and Turkish blend - to see how the thin 5mm bowl wall thickness handled some Red Virginia nitro-heat in the blend.

The results were also quite satisfactory; as I cannot physically chug Orion's Arrow without paying the obvious and immediate penalty for chugging Virginias; therefore, I could not properly stress the bowl by hitting it too hard or too fast. This informed me that perhaps Canadian-style pipes might very well also serve as excellent 'training pipes' with faster burning tabaks; so to teach people how to sip, savoy, and pace a blend properly... or, face immediate correction.

So far, this has been a great night. Next up on MeTV: Mannix; and for me, back to my Burley-based Codger blends in my new Brigham Canadian - Sherm Natman

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: Super Value's: Vanilla; in one of my best smokers, a MM: Diplomat, smooth apple, with bent stem. That, to be immediately followed by C&D's: Vanilla Cavendish; in my own version of a vanilla-flavored 'Punch-Out'. My drink for tonight's Main Event will be my traditional evening drink: hot, black tea with sugar; no cream. - Sherm Natman

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Just smoked some Lane Voodoo Queen in a small straight meer apple as I walked about a mile and a half in the pre-dawn FL morning.
I got it in from P&C yesterday along with a nifty Lane soft flame pipe lighter. Also got some Haunted Bookshop in honor of Matches 860 (my first HB !) and some Lane's Dark Red for a laugh. I've tried em all and am very happy with each. Variety/spice
I've been hunkered down since last March or February late. Somehow I've convinced my doctors to refill my prescriptions w/o coming in for office visits now for over a year.
Life in the fast lane is a thing of the past por moi.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I missed out on the calabash by £2, I immediately consoled myself by buying another pipe. It’s getting out of hand and I’m worried that I might actually move on to injecting pipes. I’m starting the day with Ch’tns 3yr Matured with Kendal Lat (it’s lightly topped with Amaretto) in my 50’s or 60’s Peterson Bulldog.image.jpg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Those kinds of jars work for you? How long do they keep tobacco moist in Vegas? The jars I had of that type barely lasted a month here in WA. Upon reflection it was 3 months, but still...
Le Parfait jars work very well for me . . . they are kept in drawers out of the sun - 26 jars per drawer.
Don't know about the climate in Vegas but in the U.K. I've been using them without issue since 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.