PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Last smoke of the day is D&R Windsail in a 2013 straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Watching the rest of the 1971 All Star game.
I watched a bit of that game yesterday as well. What a delight. Not just Hank Aaron, but also a homer from Clemente! And that old Tiger Stadium is such a cool ballpark.

Just finishing up a bowl of War Horse Bar in a Savinelli Series III lumberman.

IMG_20210124_093007.jpg

I didn’t really care for Chelsea at first. However a year or so in a jar and I am really liking it. quite content, on a rainy cold morning with coffee! Sorry the picture is lame. Nording Freehand Extra. View attachment 62034
Chelsea Morning is very complex and the experience changes between bowls. When it is behaving it is excellent!

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
Feeling like a boss. Just dug up and replaced our water main while smoking a bowl of GH dark flake scented...and didn’t chunder. Still had the stamina to perform all the husbandry duties afterwards - bathing, changing, feeding the kids, now time for a kip
Good work. When I came home from work on Thursday afternoon, I had very low water pressure and suspected there was work being done on our community water system. We live in a small mountain community with our own private water company and this happens from time to time. Spoke with a couple neighbors who had no problems.

Walked up to the top of our property where our main shut off valve is located and I could hear the meter humming. Damn, another pipe break in my main. I've had 4 different failures in as many years. Started following the main down the hill and found a small creek flowing just below one of the redwood trees on our property. Some genius decades ago decided to run the water main right next to a tree that grows very large. Its presently about 80ft. Started digging and sure enough, the pipe was now wrapping halfway around a main root from the base of the tree. Luckily, the main is made of schedule 40 and very easy to repair a section. Spliced in a 15ft sections of PEX and got the water back on that night. Much satisfaction to be able to quickly repair these types of issues and keep the house happy.

This Spring after the new deck is built, I'm going to start the arduous task of digging a trench to install a new water main clear of trees and retaining walls that move. Unfortunately, my water main is about 150 yards long so it's going to be back breaking work on a steep slope...

Status
Not open for further replies.