PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, where are you that its 95°?!!

I'm around 62klm/40 miles NW from Sydney GPO, Australia. We don't get the benefit of any sea breeze so it's hotter in Summer & nights are colder in Winter. [Cold by our standards that is]
Although the weather is less predictable than the past, the last month of Summer is typically quite humid with frequent storms.

Up until a couple of weeks ago when we got a bit of much needed rain, although hot it was a tolerable dry heat with cool nights.
Since then the nights have been rather warm & muggy.

It struck me recently that many in the Northern Hemisphere have had enough of the cold & are looking forward to Spring.
Here I'm looking forward to Autumn, lol.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Count Pulaski

1980s Venini De Luxe Apple.

From 2018 a German ebay seller had a heap of NOS from a closed 100+yo German tobacconist.
At the time I was building a rotation of pipes & bought way too many that were up to 100yo.

The first Venini pipe that I won was such a good smoker that I won several more at an average price of around $27usd.
The seller quit fleabay & set up an on-line store where I bought two more Venini's for $35usd each [Still a bargain IMO]
They are all really good smokers & most pass a pipe cleaner through to the drought hole.

The only info that I can find for the brand is a single line on Pipedia - Venini Budget pipe; mainly sold in Germany.

Does anyone else own a Venini?

Last edited:

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
About to load up some SH Cognac Mixture into a Made in France half-rusticated demi-churchwarden Brandy. 20200125_200910.jpg
The more I smoke, the bigger the difference I notice between this and Pembroke. CM has MUCH more cognac flavor and stoved black VA. The balance between VA/orientals is much different as well. Still, very similar, but definitely not just the same blend rebadged.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
About to light the last bowl from a two year old tin of C&D Bowlegged Bear in a Sav. Roma 320 KS. I have to say it isn’t my most expensive pipe but I reach for it all the time. It’s one of those that just fits my face and always delivers a great smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.