PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I’m watching a very informative documentary on the Great Fire of London in 1666 that goes through the events hour by hour. Some very interesting archeological finds have been made in the layer of charred earth from that time, including some scorched clay pipes and articles of clothing. Anyone interested should read the contemporary diary of Samuel Pepys which offers a fascinating insight into 17thC life in London.

About to walk WeeBay with the Astley’s filled with Druquer Blairgowrie mix, I’ve had that, Trafalgar and Levant sitting on the shelf since ‘21 and the few years in the jar has improved them considerably, mellowing and integrating the flavours to make them more complex and smooth. View attachment 285201
Cool stuff! I spend the majority of my free time…which is few and far between 🙄…searching for artifacts of many many moons gone by. I’ve yet to find a clay pipe. It would be a pleasure to find one.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I’m watching a very informative documentary on the Great Fire of London in 1666 that goes through the events hour by hour. Some very interesting archeological finds have been made in the layer of charred earth from that time, including some scorched clay pipes and articles of clothing. Anyone interested should read the contemporary diary of Samuel Pepys which offers a fascinating insight into 17thC life in London.

About to walk WeeBay with the Astley’s filled with Druquer Blairgowrie mix, I’ve had that, Trafalgar and Levant sitting on the shelf since ‘21 and the few years in the jar has improved them considerably, mellowing and integrating the flavours to make them more complex and smooth. View attachment 285201
I spent a couple weeks back in 2014 reading through the Pepys diary - it's a lot of fun if you can find a mostly uncensored and unabridged version with a good companion reader in contemporary parlance.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Cool stuff! I spend the majority of my free time…which is few and far between 🙄…searching for artifacts of many many moons gone by. I’ve yet to find a clay pipe. It would be a pleasure to find one.
If you live near a waterfront, especially one that was used as a docks in centuries past I’m sure you’ll find some if you dig deep enough. I used to pick them up by the dozen when I was a kid, they were just sitting on the surface of the Thames mud in central London. I found some very cool stuff mudlarking but you have to dig pretty deep nowadays as most have been taken.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and berg is my drink. Watching a lecture about Harry Truman's view of fine art and meeting Picassso on C-Span 3.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
D&S King’s Fool in a Radice

53378016343_0d21e3adaa_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.