PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’ve used red dogwood bush before. There were a lot of really nice straight suckers coming up from the base of the trees. As a pruned them, I saved about eight really nice straight sections of hazelnut. There was four that were really nice and long. I saved them for making some Atlatl “arrows”. I have plans to design an Atlatl handle this summer.😏
That’s amazing and requires a lot of skill, I take my hat off to you sir. I’ve never tried using one before but would love to give it a go. Please post your progress somewhere here I’d be very interested.
There’s some red dogwood growing around here but it’s still pretty immature but I’ll keep an eye on it for future use.

I’m heading to the church at Bishopstone this week to see if they’ll allow me to cut a Yew stave, I’ll post some pictures of the place afterwards. 🙏

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
2019 Sunset Harbor Flake in the meer. Every time I smoke this one, I question why I spend money on other more expensive English Blends. If you love English blends and you haven’t tried it, do yourself a favor.

View attachment 284376
Love the little bit of silver work on the Meer with the amber coloured stem!

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem.
View attachment 287777
That’s one of my favorites that you post….I haven’t seen many with spalted wood. That pecan is beautiful.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GH Best Brown #2 in a Radice Silk Cut

52891063573_e19f462375_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.